Sunday, April 8, 2012

Days Like This I Get Homesick

Happy Easter Young World,

While skyping with my siblings earlier on, we started reminiscing Easter back home, one of the few days our mother didn't have to wake us up because we got so excited about the day we woke up early to go to church. The day my mother made so many dishes for lunch inviting relatives to spend the happy day with.

I remember playing football with my siblings right before lunch patiently waiting on my Father to get back home because once he did, it was like Christmas, he brought our favorite deserts --> My sisters LOVED Ice Cream, I have always been a Chocolate person and my brothers wanted no business with anything that doesn't have meat(LOL)!

I remember passing food around the table, I always sat next to my father because I loved listening to his stories, most of the time that one story of how he was such a good boxer and a fast runner in his early days, I believed him because when he played football with us, he was very fast. My mother would also share with us stories of sharing and caring for others, giving back and what Easter is all about, I loved those stories too.

After lunch, me and my siblings get back to playing football, it was something we all had love for. I remember my father joining us while my mother sat outside with her book watching us play. Easter has always been one of my favorite days with family.

This Easter I didn't have that but I have all the memories and great stories so it could never loose its meaning to me =).

What is your Easter always like?

No comments:

Post a Comment