Sunday, April 8, 2012

The Photoshoot That Caught Me Off Guard - Sun Flare


Everyone has those insecure early days whether about how they looked, what color they were, how tall they were or what size they were. My biggest insecurity was my color. It wasn't that I didn't like it, it was that I didn't know how to react to people who gave me negative comments about it. 

It always used to be summer that my color tackled me the most, the more of the sun I had seen the darker I would get, my schoolmates would tell me the sun hates you. Its already bad you have a dark color, the sun keeps making it worst. So of course being a 6 or 7 year old in primary, I started hating myself, the sun and summer time. 

I started getting secure about my color at a very young age also, why? My Mother told me something I remember every time I look into the mirror, every time I see the beauty of dark skin in anyone else, every time I hear something negative. She told me what always brings me back to sanity, I asked my mother in tears one day telling her how people hated me because they hated my color, I asked her why people hated my color and why the sun makes me so dark? she said: "The Sun loves your color and its attracted to it that's why it always focuses on you when its out everyday, you're the 1st person it sees. She continued by telling me you will continue to hear those negative comments every once in a while all your life but you can only move on from that once you stop listening and once you accept and see your own beauty and what makes you different and special from everyone else.

This Photoshoot that I did said everything my mother told me and better yet, it resembled "The Sun" as well, which is one of the main reasons why I've gotten over an insecurity. They also called it "Sun Flare", the title made me feel like its who I am.


It Caught Me Off Guard
Thank you Elaine Gina and Try Hansen for letting me be apart of this. 

1 comment:

  1. This is deep. I love it babes. I did a remix to a song called "Asmar jameel"

    Asmar Jameel 3jibni lownu( black and beautiful and I like his color)

    Sam7 al sawad,zayn zayn al sawad. (good is black, beautiful is black) you might like it.I love you. You are always beautiful...and here is one "The Darker the berry the sweeter the juice"

    ReplyDelete